Can you guys believe there are only a few days left in 2016?! I sure can’t…wasn’t summer like, last week? This past year has been such an experience, especially when it came to blogging. I made this blog back in February, and I’ve certainly learned a lot! So far, my blogging experience has been very positive, but now that I’ve been at it for a while, I think it’s time to set some new goals in place! Likewise, I had a pretty great reading year, but it’s definitely time to set some new goals in place for next year’s reading as well! So, let’s get started!
2017 Blogging Goals
- Be consistent. That is probably my biggest goal for 2017, and it will really tie in with every other goal of mine. When I first created my blog, I was super consistent with posting. Every Saturday I posted a review, I did every Top Ten Tuesday, etc. The past couple of months though, I have gotten a little…relaxed, and while that is totally fine, and honestly, I think it was just what I needed to get motivated for next year, I think it is time for me to get consistent and organized again!
- Post 2 reviews a week. I’ll admit, this is going to be an ambitious goal for me, but I’m going to try my best. Ideally, I want to get a book review posted every Wednesday and Saturday.
- More Movie Mondays. I really love the idea of Movie Monday, and I’ve been pretty happy with the ones I have so far. I just need to be more consistent with it! Movie Monday. Twice a month/every other week. It’s happening!
- Friday Discussions. I’m still in the planning stages for this goal, but I really want some type of discussion post on my blog where I can talk about books and bookish hot topics and my thoughts and your thoughts.
- More creativity. I want to write more posts that are solely mine. I love things like Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday, etc. but I really want to have more independent posts, too. Maybe I’ll have a bookshelf tour, or maybe I’ll post about what got me into reading? More posts like that!
- Interact more. This is another thing I used to do that I just haven’t lately! I really want to read and comment on other bloggers’ posts. I want to find new blogs and form more friendships. I want to join more readathons and just participate with other bloggers more!
2017 Reading Goals
- Read 55 books. That was my goal for 2016, and right now I’m in the middle of book #51. So, I might make it this year…or might change my Goodreads goal to 50… 😉
- Read at least 1 classic per month. I started that out strong in 2016, but I haven’t picked up a classic since August! Last year I participated in The Pretty Books’ Classic Challenge, and while she is not continuing to host the challenge next year, I still plan on continuing the challenge by myself in my own way. Her challenge really pushed me to read more classics than I would have (even if I stopped in August…oops), and I really want to continue that next year!
- Read the books I’ve been putting off. There are several books on my TBR that I’ve been meaning to read, and yet I still haven’t! Mostly the problem is the size of some of these books, but others I’ve just put off for one reason or another. Some of these books include:
- Reread. There are so many amazing books out there, that I usually feel like I have to keep reading books I’ve never read! That being said, I want to reread some favorites. I want to see if they’re still my favorite, and also remember why I loved them so. Rereading books can be so nice and just as an incredible experience as reading a book the first time around.
That about sums up my reading and blogging goals for next year! I hope you had a great 2016, and even if you didn’t, I hope 2017 will be the best one for you yet!
Happy New Year!
Follow me on: