Hi everyone! I was tagged by Taylor from Taylor is Reading to do The Christmas Song book tag. Thanks so much to Taylor for tagging me! I love Christmas music, so I’m really looking forward to doing this tag.
Okay, let’s get started!
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
For this one, I have to go with Alastor, from The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding. For a demon living inside poor Prosper, I couldn’t help but find myself actually liking him?
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
Honestly, there are several books that I would love to see under my tree, and one of those is Caraval. I’ve heard so many amazing things about this book, and I am very eager to read it!
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
I have to go with Ariel from The You I’ve Never Known for this one. I don’t want to give anything away, but her character growth throughout this novel is really great.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
For this one, I’ve decided to use the same book for both, and use Matilda! The Trunchbull is definitely on the top of the naughty list. On the flip side, however, Miss Honey is definitely on the top of the nice list. Now, if you’re wondering where I think Matilda would fall on the list, I think she would be on the nice list, but just not at the top, because she is just a little naughty. 😉
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
Anne of the Island gives me all the feels and absolutely melts my heart! This is the third book in the series, so Anne is growing up and going to college. So many things happen in this book – joy and sorrow. The ending is my favorite thing though, and makes me a literal puddle of gooey joy!
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Me Before You takes place in the United Kingdom. There were things I loved about this book, and things I hated, but overall, I absolutely devoured this book!
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
There are so many books I could have chosen for this one, but I decided to go with My True Love Gave to Me. I went with this book, because there are 12 short stories, and each story is so unique and different from each other that there is a little bit of something for everyone!
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
I think I answered something like this in another tag or Top Ten Tuesday, and I know I’m going with the same answer, but I think Anne Shirley would be so much for to spend the holidays with! She would bring so much excitement and imagination, that I’m sure the energy level would be so encouraging and positive. My family and I are super into Christmas, and I feel like Anne would fit right in with the rest of us!
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
I’m sorry, Unraveling had such a great premise, but it just fell flat for me!
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
Everyone needs to read The Book Thief! This book is so well-written, and there is so much emotion and meaning in its pages. The characters are so memorable, and I just really, really love this book.
For this post I tag:
Thanks so much for reading! I really had so much fun with this tag! 🙂
Follow me on:
(I receive a tiny commission if you follow my BD links!)