Hello! Today, I’m going to be doing the Currently Reading Book Tag! It was started by Charly Reynhorse, and I know that I was tagged by someone, but unfortunately, where I write down the blog tags I’m tagged in/plan to do, I included the wrong link. So, if you are the one who tagged me to do this, thank you so much!!
Alright, let’s get started!
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
I usually read 1-2 books, but I there are times when I’ll read up to 3-4 books. Any more than that though, and I can’t handle it, and usually end up going into a reading slump because I have so many books I’m going back and forth between I feel like I’m not making adequate progress in any of them.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch to reading the other book (do you read a certain amount of pages in each?)
Honestly, I just usually go with what I feel like. A lot of times, when I read multiple books, I’m either reading on a different format (physical or ebook), or I’m reading books from very different genres (like a classic and a YA dystopian). So, I’ll usually just read whichever one I’m feeling at the moment, and switch when I feel like.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re part way through a book?
The only time I would do this would be if I lost my current bookmark.
4. Where do you keep the book you’re currently reading?
Either on the end of my bookcase in my room, or if it fits, I have a small space on my bed where the mattress doesn’t meet the bed frame, and it usually fits my books perfectly.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
I get most of my reading done in the evening and at night before I go to bed. However, I really enjoy reading first thing in the morning when I wake up, too. But I also love my sleep, so I can only do that on days where I actually manage to wake up early.
6. How long do you typically read for in one go?
It really just depends! Sometimes I only feel like reading for 10 minutes, and other times I’ll read for 3 hours straight.
7. Do you read hard covers with the dust jacket on or off?
Of course, I read with them off! One, I like to take them off so they stay pretty and neat. Two, reading with a dust jacket on is just plain difficult because it constantly tries to slip off while I’m reading with it.
8. Which position do you mainly use to read?
I’m constantly readjusting, so I wouldn’t say I have one main position. Just, whatever’s comfortable at the time!
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Yes! You never know when you’ll be able to squeeze in a few minutes of reading time.
10. How often do you update your progress in the book you’re currently reading on Goodreads?
Whenever I think of it. I always add my book to Goodreads, and mark when I’ve read it. However, updating my progress in the middle of reading a book really just depends. Sometimes I never do, sometimes I do a whole bunch of times!
11. Who would you like to tag?
I’ve gained quite a few lovely new followers lately, so I’m going to tag some of my most recents!
And, of course, anyone else who wants to do this, I would love to see your answers!!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on:
(I receive a tiny commission if you follow my BD links!)